Wobbel Board User Guide
We are glad that you are just as excited about the Wobbel Board as we are! We've put together this handy guide to help you and your family get the best out of your Wobbel.
Your Wobbel Board is made of natural materials and small imperfections may occur, so please carefully check your Wobbel when it arrives. Key things to look out for:
- Check the curve of the board
- Look for any damage on the surface or otherwise
- Check the stability of the board.
If you spot any issues, please contact us within 14 days.
Using your Wobbel Board
The standard Wobbel Board and felt finished version are designed and certified (CE, ASTM and AS/NZ) for children from 0 months upwards, but are also suitable for older children and adults.
- Wobbel Original and Pro - suitable from birth to 200kg
- Wobbel Starter - suitable from birth to 100kg
The Wobbel is a balance board designed to be used in the standing position, other uses have not been tested and certified, so Wobbel B.V. cannot guarantee its safe usage when used in other ways. Never let children (or adults) stand or sit on the sides.
Let your children get used to your Wobbel Board slowly and help them by giving them a hand or two, set boundaries about what can and can't be done with the board. The Wobbel is a very mobile toy and adult supervision is required, especially for younger children.
Use and Storage:
- The Wobbel is designed for indoor use. It can be used outdoors, but it will wear quicker. Never leave outside because water and moisture will eventually damage the wood, paint and felt.
- If your Wobbel model does not have felt underneath we recommend that you use a mat, carpet or rug underneath the Wobbel. This protects the Wobbel, your flooring and your ears. For floors that aren’t scratch resistant we always recommend using a mat, carpet or rug underneath, even if your Wobbel has felt. Unprotected parts can still damage your floor or the Wobbel could get damaged. The Wobbel can get damaged by the use on hard or irregular floors, particularly tiled floors. Under no circumstances should you drag your Wobbel along any type of floor.
- Don’t store your Wobbel near a heat source like a radiator or heater, and don’t store it in damp environments like a bathroom or an unheated shed or garage.
- Don’t stack multiple Wobbel boards, store them on their sides.
- Make sure your child always uses the Wobbel under adult supervision.
- Always use a Wobbel on a flat and level surface. Using the Wobbel on a sloped and/or rough surface could result in the Wobbel tipping over and causing injuries.
- Never wear socks or smooth shoes. Bare feet or shoes that aren’t slippery prevent accidents.
- When using the Wobbel in bridge mode (ᴖ), don’t walk near the edges, as it can tip over. Teach your child to walk in the middle. For children up to 6 years old, hold their hand in this position.
- Take care with fingers at the edges of the board, there is a risk of fingers and hands getting trapped underneath the Wobbel when it's in use which could result in injuries. Teach your child from the first use to always keep their fingers and hands away from the edges.
- Make sure there is at least 2 meters of free space around the Wobbel (including other children).
- The materials of the Wobbel are subject to wear. Make sure your child doesn’t stick loose pieces in their mouth, which could result in choking. Remove them when present.
- The Wobbel is not a bed or crib. Please do not let your child sleep in the Wobbel.
- Do not jump or stamp on the Wobbel, this can cause unexpected movements and cause injury.
- Users that are or were under the care of a physical therapist for their musculoskeletal system are advised to contact that therapist for proper use of the Wobbel.
Cleaning and Maintenance
You can clean your Wobbel with a damp cloth and, if necessary, a mild detergent such as natural soap. It is important to wipe it with a dry cloth after cleaning to remove any residual moisture. The felt can be cleaned in the same way. Don’t wet the felt too much as it could cause damage to the glue and may result in peeling. You may find that the felt pills, this will not affect the use of your Wobbel Board. If you prefer you can carefully remove the pilling with a lint clipper or by hand. Don’t brush the felt too much as it may cause damage.
The Wobbel doesn’t require any special maintenance.
The Wobbel is made from sustainably harvested European beech wood (FSC) which is pressed and finished with water based lacquers and stains.
The Wobbel is CE certified according DIRECTIVE 2009/48/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 18 June 2009 on the safety of toys. It is also tested and certified for ASTM F963-16 and AS/NZS 8124-1:2016 | AS/NZS 8124-2:2016 | AS/NZS 8124-3:2012+A1:2016. It was also voluntarily tested until breaking point. These tests guarantee a safe weight limit of 200 kilograms, 100 kilograms for the Wobbel Starter.
If you ever have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
Enjoy your Wobbel!
Wobbel B.V. cannot be held responsible and accountable for physical and financial damage caused by using the Wobbel balance board.
Use active toys with care and under supervision of an adult.
The Wobbel is a product of Wobbel B.V.
Wobbel is for its idea, brand and model registered at the BBIE/BIOP.
Wobbel B.V. is in possession of the brand rights in combination with model rights.
The name Wobbel, the logo and the icon are protected brands.
Copying or recreating the Wobbel and using the name Wobbel is not allowed.
Wobbel B.V. will maintain its rights.