Giving little ones the tools the decode written and spoken language and understand the world around us.
Phonics are an essential part in language learning, this series from Yoto features 7 interactive audio cards all based on the UK National Curriculum. Kids from the ages of 3+ can listen to a range of interactive exercises and learn to associate letters and words with speech, speak more confidently, hear and repeat musical patterns as well as identifying sounds from their daily life.
This series includes:
What's That Sound? - This card develops your child's environmental awareness and listening skills by having them distinguish between sounds from daily life - from a dog barking to the sound of a lawnmower.
What's That Instrument? - This card asks your child to identify the different sounds instruments make, and identify these visually using the supplied guide.
Body Beats - This card develops your child’s ability to copy sounds and rhythms by stomping their feet, clapping their hands and more. Identifying and copying patterns is key to kids' social and intellectual development.
Rhythm & Rhyme - This card helps your child recognise that some words rhyme and encourage them to find pairs of rhyming words, which is a vital foundation to reading aloud with articulation and expression.
Tongue Testers - This card introduces your child to alliteration (when two or more words have the same initial sound) and encourages them to consider the different sounds words are made up of.
Make That Sound - This card encourages children to use their mouths to make fun (and often funny!) sounds. Making different vocal sounds develops children’s pronunciation confidence and awareness of the many sounds that make up speech.
Make That Word - This card introduces your child to blending and segmenting - breaking words down into the sounds they are made up of and putting them back together again. This is the final step before entering the more formal aspects of learning to read.
Read by: Jake Harris
Content type: Activities
Age Range: 0-5 (best suited from 3+)
Although this Yoto Card is perfect for children, those under 3 years old should only use Yoto Player or Yoto Mini under adult supervision.
Browse more Yoto Cards
How much is home delivery?
- Standard Tracked - FREE for orders over £40 (£3.95 for orders under £40)
- Express Tracked - £4.95
- Next Working Day delivery via DPD (UK mainland only) - £5.95 orders must be placed before 2pm
- International Delivery - the delivery charge will be calculated in the basket based on the weight of the order.
Standard Tracked and Express Tracked are delivered using Royal Mail.
When will I get my order?
- Orders placed before 3pm are dispatched the same day Monday - Friday, during peak periods this may be slower. For priority processing select Express Tracked
- Orders placed after 3pm will be dispatched the following day
- Orders placed after 3pm on a Friday will be dispatched the following Monday
- Orders for Next Working Day delivery via DPD must be placed before 2pm
- International orders will be dispatched as above, delivery times will vary dependent on destination.
View our full Delivery information >
We hope you're happy with your order from The Kid Collective, but if for any reason you decide your purchase isn't right for you, you can return unwanted items up to a whopping 100 days after delivery. View our full Returns Policy >