The Forest School Den Kit from The Den Kit Company was created to support a child-led Forest School curriculum. It is designed to develop thinking skills and help children learn to manage risk whilst complementing and reinforcing classroom learning.
The den kit comes neatly packed away in a super durable, machine washable, cotton webbing haversack with a handy shoulder strap for easy carrying to your den destination.
Inside the bag you will find everything you need to build your Forest School den:
- A tough camouflage tarpaulin which is waterproof and rot proof!
- A durable groundsheet, also waterproof and rot proof and with eyelets so it can be used as an extra tarpaulin
- Camo netting made by Jack Pyke, drape over anything for instant camouflage
- Wooden mallet made from coppiced wood
- Enamel camping mug (perfect for soup or hot chocolate!)
- 8 x steel tent pegs in a handy cotton storage bag
- 10 metres of strong, natural jute rope
- Camouflage face paint in khaki and brown (fully washable, cruelty free and made in the UK)
- A reliable quality compass so you know where you are
- Insect aspirator to harmlessly catch and contain insects for closer inspection!
- Handy den building inspiration and helpful tips
Not suitable for children under 3 due to small parts, long cords and functional sharp points. Recommended for children aged 6+.